|Click on the thumbnails for larger versions of these sample pages.|
1. Title page featuring Dolton publicity shot.
3. Contents page showing the full span of topics covered in Driving Guitars, the most comprehensive review ever of The Ventures’ 60s recordings.
12. The Introduction, in addition to dealing with discography architecture, variant versions and CD sources, includes a review of the most important secondary literature.
24. Part of the treatment of the classic ‘Walk, Don’t Run’, focusing on the UK’s successful chart contender from John Barry.
172. An extract from the lengthy preface to the stellar set In Space.
244. DB on some of the sessioneers whose services were called upon by The Ventures in the course of the decade.
267. A portion of the thoroughgoing analysis of the exciting live material served up to adoring record-buyers in Japan.
370. The album ‘Underground Fire’ came late in the decade and featured an exciting new lead guitarist whose virtuoso displays were much in evidence on the two tracks forming the subject of this extract.
406. Some shots from the 10-page mini-gallery derived from Gerry Woodage’s splendid image archive.
413 There are selected background notes on the 350 + images incorporated in the text.
417. Appraisal of the group’s recorded output is comprehensively documented from the most important secondary sources.
420. The numeration adopted in the full ‘Index Of Titles’ is keyed for ready reference to the 563 main entries occupying pages 15–401.
|Return to Home / Driving Guitars: The Music Of The Ventures In The Sixties|