|Click on the thumbnails for larger versions of these sample pages.|
1. Title page: an exterior shot of a prominent venue of the 2004 tour, The Carling Apollo, Hammersmith.
21. The opportunity is taken along the way to incorporate some stage shots of the group. Here are three shots of the Final Tour of 2004 taken by distinguished Shadows photographer John Hank Humphrey.
34. Some exceedingly rare vinyl releases are pictured in the course of this, the major Discography of the book.
65. A partial shot here, in the Marvin Welch & Farrar Discography, of an LP of theirs issued in the short-lived 'Quadraphonic' format.
102. From the CD Catalogue. Each issue is exhaustively documented, with alternative versions indicated wherever appropriate. The first item pictured is a scarce Promo, appropriately stamped, carrying a variant of WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
157. More from the CD Catalogue, showing releases from three different parts of the globe.
203. A third page from the CD Catalogue illustrates product from South Africa, Japan and France. The first two pictured are now extremely hard to come by.
221. Some of the important Cliff Richard CD releases covered in order to document Cliff & The Shadows songs.
235. Here we have two further strikingly atmospheric pics kindly contributed by distinguished Shadows photographer David Hawley.
285. From the comprehensive Track Listings of legitimate CD product worldwide. Note the detailed annotation provided for variant versions and unusual releases.
365. More Track Listings. Personnel and session dates are provided where known. Here an opportunity is taken to correct a glaring error to be found on the Marvin At The Movies CD.
507. A third and final specimen from the Track Listings. Here a long-standing puzzle relating to the composer credits for STINGRAY is resolved once and for all.
|Return to Home / A Guide To The Shadows And Hank Marvin On CD 2005|